(Extreme Close Quarter Concepts)
The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing marking cartridges and protective equipment.
*Tuition includes Range Fees, Supplies, and Hospitalities.
Topics covered include:
Day One (4 hours):
– Criminal Assault Paradigm
– Unequal Initiative Events
– Managing Unknown Contacts
– Practical Unarmed Combat or In-Extremis Knife modules
Day Two (8 hours):
– Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke
– Building the #2 position in live-fire
– Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation
– Off-hand fending positions
– Default position
– Basic empty hand blows
– Theory of in-fight weapon access
– Grounded basics
Day Three (8 hours):
– Challenging the potential attacker
– Preemptive weapon access
– Multiple attackers
– Negotiating the F.U.T.
– ECQ Handgun retention in holster
– ECQ handgun retention out of holster
– Handgun recovery
– Handgun striking
Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
– Reliable handgun
– Minimum two (2) magazines
– Quality holster and magazine pouches.
– 275 rounds of ammunition
– Heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor
– Mouthpiece and cup
– Seasonal weather gear
– Ballistic Eye protection
– Ear protection
– Weapon lubrication and cleaning supplies.
– Good attitude